How to transfer emails from apple mail to outlook 2011?

• Posted: 27 May 2013 05:25 PM

As I have started using Ms office 2011 for mac, I want to transfer all my email and other mail boxes from apple mail to outlook 2011.

I have used other options to transfer but there seems no direct way to transfer these emails.
    Is there any other solution available, easy and quick, that can solve this issue?

Posted: 29 May 2013 06:49 PM #1

Apparently the easy method (using the import method in Outlook 2011) broke when OSX went to Lion. Here is the method that seems to work:

Create one or more folders on your Mac in the Finder.

Drag and drop every email you want to export from Apple Mail to these folders (you must drag and drop the mails themselves….  You cannot just drag the folders).  This creates emlx files for each email that are, apparently, the only way you can export and import these today.

Now, create the folders in Outlook 2011 for Mac where you want to place your emails.

Drag and drop the emails from the folders you created in Finder into the folders you created in Outlook.

[ Edited: 29 May 2013 06:51 PM by Intruder ]

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 16 December 2014 04:10 AM #2

You also can try the below manual procedure for carrying out the conversion process from Apple mail to Mac Outlook 2011 email client, for this conversion just you have to close the Apple Mail client while this conversion.

• Just release the “Outlook 2011” email client, Click >> File >> Import
    • From the “Import” named screen, select “Information from another application” (click on the “right arrow” to continue
    • Now choose Apple mail, (then click on the “right arrow” button from the screen to continue)
    • Select the items that you want to import by clicking on the “right arrow”, then click on “Finish” button

And the Note that you have to keep in mind:

“Outlook 2011 doesn’t import Exchange account from Apple Mail for Mac”.