MGG App on my iPod Touch - simple question

Posted: 09 July 2013 08:33 PM

MGG App on my iPod Touch - simple question

What are the green arrows in top right corner of Episodes list?

michael

Signature

Michael Vallance
    +++ Virtual research +++ http://www.mvallance.net

Posted: 12 July 2013 03:14 PM #1

Hi Michael – those green arrows indicate that the episode is downloaded and stored locally on your device (i.e. available for offline playing).

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.

Posted: 13 July 2013 09:45 PM #2

Thanks.
    The reason for my confusion was that in iTunes, Apple’s grey download icon means Podcast not downloaded. When downloaded, the grey button disappear altogether. So I was wondering what the green download button in MGG App meant as I listen to MGG on my iPod Touch while driving to work so there is no network connection after I leave my house. I get cranky if I can’t listen to MGG wink
    ... only kidding.

On another unrelated matter. Great show, but do you feel that iOS and iPhone is becoming more prominent than OSX and Mac on the Podcast? Or maybe it’s my imagination because I tune out when discussing iOS and iPhone. I’m a Mac guy. Just my humble opinion. The show is still terrific.

Michael

Signature

Michael Vallance

Posted: 15 July 2013 10:49 AM #3

mvallance - 13 July 2013 09:45 PM

Thanks.
    On another unrelated matter. Great show, but do you feel that iOS and iPhone is becoming more prominent than OSX and Mac on the Podcast? Or maybe it’s my imagination because I tune out when discussing iOS and iPhone. I’m a Mac guy. Just my humble opinion. The show is still terrific.

Interesting. We definitely made a conscious effort (years ago) to include “iDevices” in the show. If we stayed with just the Mac, we would be skipping over a huge part of our technology lives, and also missing out on helping our readers with their Apple/tech-related needs. I will point out the irony of you asking this question in a thread you started about the MGG app on your iPod touch. wink

But I’m curious what other readers/listeners think about this, too. Will tweet the thread and see what happens…

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.

Posted: 15 July 2013 11:34 AM #4

You are right, and here I am replying from my iPhone. It’s the ‘more prominent’ statement I hope you notice.
    Many iPhone issues are USA centric so not being in USA I tune out when discussing.
    Or maybe there are less Mac problems grin
    Thank you replying.
    Michael

Signature

Michael Vallance