iPhone 5c or 5s: Which are You Getting?

Poll: Are you getting a new iPhone 5c or 5s?
Total Votes: 26
iPhone 5c and I preordered
iPhone 5c and I’m picking mine up on Friday
iPhone 5s and I’m ordering online Friday
iPhone 5s and I’m picking mine up Friday
No upgrade for me. I’m happy with the iPhone I already have.
Im upgrading as soon as I’m eligible for subsidized pricing.

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:51 AM

The iPhone 5c is available for preorder now, and will be in stores this Friday along with the iPhone 5s. Are you planning on getting one?

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:18 PM #1

The iPhone 5c is exactly what I was waiting for. It’s less expensive. Frankly I like the styling better than the iPhone4 or 5 slab design. I like the blue and green colours. It would be a huge update from my old iPodTouch. I really want one.
    But no.
    The thing is for a 16Gb iPhone5c on a 2 year contract with half a Gb of data per month it would cost me $80/month. Right now I pay $80 per month for TWO dumb phones.
    So rather than an iPhone5c I’ll keep my dumb phone and upgrade my iPod Touch to an iPad/iPad Mini.
    I REALLY like the 5c.
    But I’m cheap.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 17 September 2013 12:54 PM #2

I have a 3GS. I will probably wait for the next iteration of iPhone,  although I despise the camera on the 3GS.
    I am coventous of my wife’s 5 though.
    Great pics….. so we rarely cart our trusty old Lumix around with us anymore.

[ Edited: 17 September 2013 12:56 PM by paikinho ]      

Posted: 17 September 2013 01:24 PM #3

There needs to be a category for those of us who will wait a few weeks after the release.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 17 September 2013 01:25 PM #4

I clicked 5c and preorder but that’s not entirely true. The wife wants to upgrade her 4s to a 5c (yellow with the coral case). She likes the idea that the 5s has a better camera, but she’d prefer the fashion statement (and she’s not a fashionista or anything) and the lower cost of entry.

We didn’t preorder because she wants to see who in the family will get her old 4s. But she will get it and it will be soon!

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:05 PM #5

+

Much as I’d like the 5s in space gray, I’ll stick with my 32GB 4s for now. My only regret is that when I upgrade next year, the 4s will have lost a lot of trade-in value.

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:25 PM #6

I am going into the store Friday. My girlfriend is getting a 5C. I am getting a 5S.

• Posted: 17 September 2013 09:59 PM #7

Now that my iPhone 4s has completed its contract, I’ll be replacing it with a 5s. However, I’m likely to wait a few days before placing my order—or more likely going to the store and trading in my old one. I’m just not as interested in the line-waiting crush.

I do still have to choose a colour, though. That gold looks very attractive…

• Posted: 29 December 2013 01:03 AM #8

I bought the iPhone 5s and am enjoying it. That said, I do rather like the look of the 5c with the blue or white back and wouldn’t mind owning one of those.