IOS &, iTunes 11.1 and podcasts

• Posted: 20 September 2013 11:03 AM

Uploaded IOS 7 and iTunes 11.1.

Now when I see my list of podcasts all the past episodes show on the list. Most have a down arrow and a cloud icon. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple trying to get rid of all the unwanted lised episodes. I have already listenen to them once and I don’t want them cluttering up my listing.

Upshot is that there is no way to get rid of them other than listening to each. The lengh I listen may be only a few second, but then I can delete them.

Any suggetions on how to clean up this mess!

Rich

• Posted: 23 September 2013 01:35 PM #1

RichSagall - 20 September 2013 11:03 AM

Uploaded IOS 7 and iTunes 11.1.

Now when I see my list of podcasts all the past episodes show on the list. Most have a down arrow and a cloud icon. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple trying to get rid of all the unwanted lised episodes. I have already listenen to them once and I don’t want them cluttering up my listing.

Upshot is that there is no way to get rid of them other than listening to each. The lengh I listen may be only a few second, but then I can delete them.

Any suggetions on how to clean up this mess!

Rich

Nothing has worked. Just have to wait for an update.

Posted: 02 October 2013 10:05 AM #2

Yeah, this is the new paradigm. A couple of options: use iTunes’ (and the iOS Podcasts app’s) “My Stations” feature to help show you which episodes you’ve heard, etc. That can be quite useful given the current scenario.

The other option is to stop using iTunes for podcasts at all and go with Instacast or Downcast, both of which have Mac and iOS versions that sync with their counterparts.

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.