TMO Site Issue

Posted: 14 February 2014 02:00 PM

I’ve been having trouble with the TMO site. It keeps saying I’m not logged in and when I try to log in it says The Requested Action is Invalid. (See attached screen shot.) The only way I can clear it is to delete the TMO cookie and restart the browser. Then I can log in, once or twice, to comment or post to the forum. After that I’m locked out again and have to repeat the process. This is happening on my Mac with Safari and my work machine, Windows 7 and FireFox.

So, any idea what’s going on here? Am I the only one struggling with this?

[ Edited: 14 February 2014 02:04 PM by geoduck ]

Image Attachments

Shot.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

Posted: 14 February 2014 05:08 PM #1

You are not the only one. Has been happening to me for a week or two. As well, ads are showing up at the bottom of the screen when viewing on an iPad. I also get logged off on the iPad, and it is very problematic trying to get logged back on again.

On the Mac, once I get the error you noted, I click on the link in the window and it goes back and shows me logged in. No cookie removal done.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 14 February 2014 10:16 PM #2

Intruder - 14 February 2014 05:08 PM

On the Mac, once I get the error you noted, I click on the link in the window and it goes back and shows me logged in. No cookie removal done.

I was seeing that for a few days as well, I’d get the error but it would sometimes log me in anyway. This week though its been more obstinate. Now if I get the error it won’t let me in at all.

Signature

Posted: 17 February 2014 12:02 PM #3

Just jumping in here as I’m trying to track down and eliminate this bug throughout the. Basically it’s related to a security change in the core software we use for running TMO. There was a security change and ALL forms are now required to have some additional information. I think what’s happening is that we still have some older forms hidden in places on the site. Can you please post or email me which page(s) are triggering this error for you? That way I can start to squash these. Thanks.

Posted: 18 February 2014 04:03 PM #4

We’re really chasing two different bugs here. The first one I mentioned about security in web forms should be getting fixed. I just pushed an update to a number of the forum forms that should eliminate a number of those errors.

The second bug, where you appear to be not be logged in even when you are, seems to be session/cookie/browser cache related. I have fond that sometimes right after I log in that when the page reloads it appears as if I’m not logged in. If I just do a browser refresh though it clears it up. I’m not sure why it takes the extra refresh so I’m trying to track that one down.

Posted: 21 February 2014 11:48 AM #5

still acting up. Another annoyance is that, if I log in on my iPad, I get kicked off on my Mac and vice versa..

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 21 February 2014 12:10 PM #6

Intruder - 21 February 2014 11:48 AM

Another annoyance is that, if I log in on my iPad, I get kicked off on my Mac and vice versa..

This is a security feature of the site.

Posted: 21 February 2014 12:34 PM #7

Update.
    Yesterday I noticed on the Flash article, Barkleys article, and the Data Centre article, that it insists that I’m not logged in. I’ve been hitting the login button at the top of the screen and it says I am logged in. Once I refresh then it shows me as logged in. This often happens on the home page as well.
    FYI

EDIT: I just noticed when I posted here on this Forum, that it was not showing me as logged in, but it let me post as me.

Thanks for looking at this. I know how annoying chasing down buggy web issues can be.

[ Edited: 21 February 2014 12:37 PM by geoduck ]

Signature

Posted: 21 February 2014 07:29 PM #8

geoduck - 21 February 2014 12:34 PM

I just noticed when I posted here on this Forum, that it was not showing me as logged in, but it let me post as me.

Thanks for looking at this. I know how annoying chasing down buggy web issues can be.

We just pushed an update that will hopefully address this “I’m not logged in, but I am” issue. Let me know if you still encounter any more issues.

Posted: 28 February 2014 12:57 PM #9

Haven’t noticed the log in issue for a few days. Thanks for the help.

Signature