Mac OS 9.2.1

• Posted: 22 August 2001 11:14 AM #16

I had to download OS 9.2 in 6 pieces, I could never get the complete DL to work. But the pieces seem to work ok as far as doing the update.

I’m not sure what to expect. Things don’t seem faster or any more stable than the previous version. I’ve tested a few OS 9 only apps from OS X, they act the same as they did before the update, except maybe OS 9.2 loaded a bit faster. One vexing problem did get fixed; whenever I was in OS 9 and wanted to set the Startup disc to OS X, then restart, my Cube would hang forcing me to do a hard reboot. This is fixed now.

I did notice that networking in Classic seems to work better. Intellinews (Great little app, BTW) was finicky if launched in classic. Couldn’t seem to find the Internet. Now it has no problem, but other apps, like Myth2, still has trouble finding the Net. (I use a gateway to the Net. This is not a problem in OS 9 just in Classic.)

I’ll keep poking at it and post what I find. I’m a bit afriad of updating my wife’s iMac because she relies heavily on VPC, and I don’t know what the update will do to it. More on that later after I load VPC on the Cube.

Signature

"If only you could have seen what I’ve seen with your eyes." Roy, Blade Runner

Vern Seward

• Posted: 22 August 2001 04:32 PM #17

Having one of the new G4’s with 9.2 already….do I need to upgrade to 9.2.1 or should I just wait til 10.1 where it will probably have it packaged together?

Signature

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Posted: 24 August 2001 04:17 PM #18

On 2001-08-22 19:32, Dingo wrote:
    Having one of the new G4’s with 9.2 already….do I need to upgrade to 9.2.1 or should I just wait til 10.1 where it will probably have it packaged together?

I’m going to wait, it should come with 10.1, I only have a dial up and I’m not waiting that long for a download. Besides, I’m a new Mac user (just got me an ibook, SWEET!) and it’s really stable right now. I’m not chancing it…