TMO'ers and our cars

• Posted: 11 June 2003 02:19 PM #76

Require and enforce are two very different things.  I never put front plates on my cars (here in Utah) and it’snever been a problem. 

Except my new Honda Odyssey, it has some big old black frame built in front for a plate, so it would look stupid without it.

Signature

Jon

a computer without windows is like a cake without ketchup.

• Posted: 11 June 2003 02:44 PM #77

Yes, Missouri does require front and back plates.  I’ve also seen new cars here with the paper temporary licence in the window, only sometimes it’s nearly impossible to see it, let alone read it, due to back window tinting.  Seems like they should be required to put it on the outside of the car in situations like that.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

• Posted: 11 June 2003 04:48 PM #78

Well, while you guys drool over Brian’s Murano (understandably, I suppose) I’ll drool instead over FlatEric’s WRX.  Great choice. 8-)

I wouldn’t choose my state of residence just because of it, but I’ve been very happy to live only in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, neither of which require front plates.  Nice not to have to mar the front of the Integra with the plate and its bracket.  Pennsylvania is also quite inexpensive for vanity plate.  One-time $20 fee (may have gone up since, but it’s still one-time) gets you any combination of 7 digits (plus a space or hyphen) that they allow (no swear words, etc).  The annual renewal is the same price as any other plate.  Mine has said CRZY ONE since 1993 (before I ever used it online).

Posted: 11 June 2003 07:05 PM #79

[quote author=“stevensces”]States that require front and back plates (a lot more than I thought…plates, that is, not states smile )

Alaska, American Samoa, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Where the heck did you find that list? Who would keep a list like that and why? Or did you look through the DMV web sites of all 50 states and certain small island protectorates? :wink:

[quote author=“CrazyOne”]I’ll drool instead over FlatEric’s WRX. Great choice.

Yes, they are very cool.

Signature

Brian

It depends on what you look at, obviously,
    But even more it depends on the way that you see

Posted: 11 June 2003 09:35 PM #80

[quote author=“CrazyOne”]I’ll drool instead over FlatEric’s WRX.  Great choice. 8-)

Thank you.  I actually did a lot of research, trying to find a nice sports car to buy, and this ended up being the car I picked.  I’ve been very pleased with it so far, and continue to enjoy being a WRX owner.  It has passible fuel economy (as long as you are not flooring it everywhere rolleyes ), decent passenger and cargo space, and some nice safety features.  Now is the fun part where I find out how well it holds up over time.  :D

Signature

According to statistics, half the world is below average intelligence
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."-George Bernard Shaw
    "You can’t change that by gettin’ all…bendy."

• Posted: 12 June 2003 04:57 AM #81

[quote author=“bweels”]Where the heck did you find that list? Who would keep a list like that and why? Or did you look through the DMV web sites of all 50 states and certain small island protectorates.

Did a Google search for “states that require front and back license plates”.  I love Google.  First site was some guy who had pages and pages of U.S. and Canadian traffic and DMV data - must like highways is all I can suppose.  If that didn’t work, I was going to call my mother-in-law, who, as luck would have it, is a manager at Oregon DMV.

Signature

Christopher
    ——-

“It’s a small world, but I wouldn’t want to paint it.” - Stephen Wright

Posted: 12 June 2003 07:42 AM #82

It’s really amazing. For absolutely anything you can think of, somebody in the world is into it and has information available. rolleyes

Signature

Brian

• Posted: 12 June 2003 09:36 AM #83

Not good.  I’m really getting an itch lately.  Thinking either Acura 3.2 TL Type-S or a Nissan 350 Z.  Acura has an awesome deal on the TL’s right now.  $329 a month!  Not bad for a $30k car.

Signature

Jon

a computer without windows is like a cake without ketchup.

• Posted: 12 June 2003 12:48 PM #84

That’s a strange choice there Jon, sports car or sedan. :D The reason the TLs are on special is because there’s a 2004 resdesign coming, as I recall.

• Posted: 13 June 2003 08:41 AM #85

I have a Volvo S40. Red. Bought it new in 2000. Had been a Honda man prior to the Volvo.

Posted: 13 June 2003 08:59 AM #86

Welcome to the TMO forums, EDS! 8-)

Signature

Brian

• Posted: 13 June 2003 09:37 AM #87

I love cars, but they all have too many wheels and lean the wrong way in corners.  Motorcycles, now there’s a thought.  :D My 2001 Triumph Trophy 900 gets my blood moving like no mere car can.  A bad commute on the bike is still better than a good one in the cage.

Posted: 17 June 2003 02:55 PM #88

I can’t say that I have ever been fond of motorcycles myself.  I’m sure they are exciting to drive an all, but its just not my cup of tea.  As for bweel’s new car, I saw one just like it at the grocery store a few days ago.  Of course, that was right after I followed a clone of my car out of a parking lot.  :D

Signature

According to statistics, half the world is below average intelligence
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."-George Bernard Shaw
    "You can’t change that by gettin’ all…bendy."

• Posted: 18 June 2003 08:07 AM #89

I think I’m lusting after the new Infiniti G35 Coupe

Saw one in that orangish-color that the Murano comes in over the weekend, had the same orangish/redish leather inside.  Ummmmmm :drool:

Signature

Christopher
    ——-

“It’s a small world, but I wouldn’t want to paint it.” - Stephen Wright

Posted: 18 June 2003 08:26 AM #90

Nice! :drool:

Signature

Brian