Great Assessment!

• Posted: 07 February 2002 08:11 AM

Man, here is a great assessment of APPL over at   BusinessWeek .  If I may quote:

At first blush, it doesn’t make any sense. Apple has introduced three hot products this year—the innovative iBook, an inch-thin titanium laptop, and a new operating system. And it’s one of only two PC makers—the other being nemesis Dell Computer—to turn a profit during the just-finished quarterly earnings season. Yet Apple’s stock has been drifting lower since mid-July. How can this be?

Exactly!

That the market counts on Apple for innovation is its greatest strength.

That is a fantastic observation and I’m glad that I am not the only one making it.

Any one of Apple’s three major 2001 innovations would have buoyed the stock of a Gateway or a Compaq for a year. But for Apple, nothing short of a replacement for the aging iMac will juice the stock.

Can anyone say “flatpanel iMac”? Can someone deliver one soon? I just wonder if Apple is waiting for 2002 to introduce that puppy because sales are just too dang soft. Meanwhile, Microsoft still claimes that Windows XP will drive the sale of hardware. Yea, right.

Signature

Posted: 01 September 2001 09:58 PM #1

I think the biggest thing Apple is waiting for is component prices.  In fact, I think that is the only thing Apple is waiting for.

In the meanwhile, that was a good assessment of AAPL from Charles Haddad.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 02 February 2002 04:07 PM #2

I chose to revive this thread becuase the points made above turned out to be right on the money - literally.

The successful intro of the new iMac (along with the speed-bumped minitowers) has apparently sparked renewed interest in the stock. Clearly, Apple has a winner on its hands with the new design.

• Posted: 04 February 2002 06:47 AM #3

On 2002-02-02 20:07, DawnTreader wrote:
    Clearly, Apple has a winner on its hands with the new design.

I’ll say!  Designing a product to fill the shoes of the original iMac was a tall order indeed—but from the looks of it, Apple has managed to do just that, with a fresh, innovative design.

Customers, apparently, have recognized the beauty of this product; The new iMac is already a huge success.

• Posted: 04 February 2002 07:26 AM #4

On 2002-02-02 20:07, DawnTreader wrote:
    I chose to revive this thread becuase the points made above turned out to be right on the money - literally.

I’d forgotten about this thread buy you’re right, this was spot on! Good job BusinessWeek.

Also, if you take a look APPL price over the last three months and compare that to the NASDAQ, you’ll see that APPL has been steadily climbing while the NASDAQ seems to have leveled off. Perhaps people are beginning to look at APPL a little more closely. In the original post, it was only Apple and Dell that were posting profits, not it is Apple alone. Surely, someone has got to notice that!

Signature

• Posted: 06 February 2002 09:12 PM #5

Ahnyer Keester, please continue to visit the TMO Apple Finance Board forum “early and often.” I’d like to read your insights more often!

• Posted: 07 February 2002 08:11 AM #6

On 2002-02-07 01:12, DawnTreader wrote:
    Ahnyer Keester, please continue to visit the TMO Apple Finance Board forum “early and often.” I’d like to read your insights more often!

Wow, what a compliment! You got it Dawn!

Signature