How about guest editorials/columns from readers?

• Posted: 24 October 2001 01:47 AM

I’ve been emailing privately with AutumnLeaf before he posted to the forum. He has some great ideas. What if we had a guest column that allows readers to write a guest column?

Similar to what LEM is doing with “My Turn.”...

Jes axin’

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 30 August 2001 08:12 PM #1

*sniff *sniff ... Do I smell FREE copy??
    -Dan

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

• Posted: 31 August 2001 06:44 AM #2

I hereby call dibs on an article titled “MicroSoft: Evil Like Stalin or Evil Like N’Stynch?”

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 03 October 2001 02:14 PM #3

On 2001-08-30 23:12, Photodan wrote:
    *sniff *sniff ... Do I smell FREE copy??

Perish the thought!

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

Posted: 24 October 2001 01:00 AM #4

I like this idea a lot. I know this would bring about a huge amount of unsolicited email to your servers, but the idea is great.

I, as an ex-journalist, have been dying to break into the Mac Magazine field. Nothing better than two loves of mine coming together in one spot.

I am not saying people should get paid, as this is a “guest” editorial/column.

I would love, as would many other people who visit this site, to have a chance to have their views expressed openly to the public without having them search through the message boards. (which are looking better everyday, Bryan! Great job!)

This should be seriously considered.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

Posted: 24 October 2001 01:47 AM #5

We have actually often published guest editorials, and I have always been open to the idea.  Send e-mail to my .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) address.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.