Apple Weekly Report 2008-01-05 #111: Apple’s Monopoly, and Down with HD DVD
Direct Link: MP3 Version
Apple was hit with an antitrust lawsuit for its iPod and music sales tactics, Mac market share took a jump in December, and the iPhone and iPod touch had trouble telling time on New Year's eve. In the entertainment world, Sony finally saw the value in DRM-free music, Warner dealt a hard blow to HD DVD, and Apple's "Get a Mac" ads included the best commercial characters in 2007.
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider rating us, reviewing us, and voting for us! You can vote at:
You can also review us at the iTunes Music Store.
- The Context Machine Fodder
- Apple Hit with Music Monopoly Lawsuit
- Apple Market Share Explodes in December
- iPhone, iPod touch Hit with New Year's Date Glitch
- Sony to Offer DRM-free Music
- Warner Drops HD DVD, Will Go Blu-ray Exclusively
- Mac, PC Named Best Commercial Characters
This news is written by the staff of The Mac Observer.
Bandwidth provided courtesy of Cachefly.
Bass by Boom, for TMO.