Mac Geek Gab #101: Printing, Prefs, Routers, and Rips (and Surround Sound!)
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For Monday, April 30, 2007
Lots of listener feedback answered after the week off, including Printing Defaults, Surround Sound, Ripping DVDs, and mail servers. Don't miss it!
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine 5 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don't cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Sponsor: PDFpen: Effortlessly edit your PDFs. Add text, images and signatures, combine and split PDFs, reorder and remove PDF pages, and fill out and save PDF forms. Visit http://www.smileonmymac.com/geek for a special discount!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Huey Lewis and The News
- Saving a group of print options as a preset
- Rogue Amoeba SoundSource
- Surround sound
- Griffin FireWave
- Logitech Z-5500
- Creative DDTS-100
- Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit External (PC only?)
- BookEndz Docking Station for 15" MacBook Pro
- MPEG Streamclip (convert VOB and other video files)
- Battery Update 1.2
- Postfix Enabler
- Zamzar file conversion website
- "24" Reviews Podcast from iPodObserver
- Podcast and New Media Expo
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.