Mac Geek Gab #124: Palm Sync, Setting PATH, Digging into Trash, and Macworld Hotel Deal
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For Monday, October 22nd, 2007
John and Dave talk through Palm syncing, discussing Unix's PATH on Mac OS X, customizing Smart Playlists in iTunes, and even dig deeper into the Trash. On top of all that, they've got details on where they'll be at Macworld Expo, and where YOU can stay at a discount!
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Note: Shownotes are complete!!!
- Dave Hamilton's Blog
- Dave's twitter trail
- Spring Cleaning
- A folder called Recovered Files appears in my Trash
- The Missing Sync for Palm OS
- Palm Desktop 4.2.1 for Macintosh
- Palm HotSync Support
- UnDupe (remove duplicate entries on your Palm)
- bash in Mac OS X
- Add or Subtract Play Count
- Stay at Hotel Milano for MWSF08 with TMO's Discount!
- Xserve RAID
- Dave's "Running Your Mac Lean, Clean, and Mean" session at MWSF08
- Blue Harvest
- Article attributing Dave to having seen FireWire demo in 1999
- Video of 1999 Steve Jobs' keynote showing FireWire -- Check the 7 minute mark for disconnect proof
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.