Mac Geek Gab #127: Digital Life, Macworld Travel, Forcing Leopard Installations and More
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For Monday, November 12th, 2007
Expo season is almost here, and John and Dave talk through a few related tips and helpful hints. Then digging into the Mac stuff your two Mac geeks discuss installing Leopard on older Macs, migrating to the Mac, and more. Don't miss this one, folks!
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Digital Life
- iRobot Looj
- Zipit Wireless Messenger
- ITC One
- FLY Fusion Pentop Computer
- Dave's Macworld Expo Session: Running your Mac Lean, Clean and Mean
- Win a Platinum Pass or Super Pass to Macworld Expo 2008
- Stay at Hotel Milano for Macworld Expo with TMO's Discount!
- VLC Media Player
- Solving problems with keychains
- Wake my PC remotely
- Mac OS X Leopard
- Bypass Leopard's Installation requirements
- How to post iPhoto images to Blogger
- Mac Pro RAID Card
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.