Mac Geek Gab #156: Tips for Parallels, Time Machine, WiFi, Reinstalls and More
Listen Now: <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.macobserver.com/podcast/player.swf" id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290"> </object><br /> Download: or (AAC courtesy of Michael Johnston of iPhoneAlley)
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For June 17, 2008
Back from WWDC, Dave and John are in the thick of the action this week, with listener tips, questions, hints, and tricks about all things Mac. Come on in, subscribe (it's free!) and enjoy!
Sponsor: Today: Use Second Gear's Today to see all your events and tasks for the current day in a single window. Use coupon code MGG156 at checkout to save an additional 10%.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mitch Albom Show - Dave was on last week
- iPhone Alley Podcast #8 - Dave joined the fun from WWDC
- Mac Roundtable Podcast #42 - Dave was on the panel reporting from WWDC. Great info from Victor on iPhone Assisted GPS
- Weber Genesis Silver A
- 10.5: How to delete objects from Time Machine backups
- Disk Image vs. Sparse Disk Image vs. Sparse Bundle Disk Image
- iDisk Utility (Mac and Windows)
- Snowball Mic
- Rode Podcaster
- The Apple Hardware Test
- mad skills
- Protocol analyzer (aka packet sniffer)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Tobi Oetiker's MRTG - The Multi Router Traffic Grapher
- New Media Expo
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.