Mac Geek Gab #159: MobileMe, Battery Backups, iPhone 3G, and Tales of Woe
Listen Now: <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.macobserver.com/podcast/player.swf" id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290"> </object><br /> Download: or (AAC courtesy of Michael Johnston of iPhoneAlley)
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For July 14, 2008
MobileMe's out, so Dave and John will discuss what's different (and what's the same). Plus it's summer season in the USA, and that means thunderstorms for a lot of folks, so protecting yourself against lightening is another topic. Listener questions and tips round out the show and, oh yeah, Dave went and got an iPhone 3G, so he talks about that, too!
Sponsor: Call Recorder for Skype: Simply adds recording controls to Skype. Automatically record Skype Audio and Video without any extra sets or setup.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac OS X 10.5.4 Combo Update (If you have 10.5.x)
- Mac OS X 10.5.4 Update (If you have 10.5.3)
- Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station (802.11n) Firmware 7.3.2
- Time Capsule: Bad disk image causing kernel panics
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Train Wreck
- Verizon BroadbandAccess Connect ($59.95/month, really?!)
- TMUP - MobileMe Calendar Syncing Issue
- Safari (Mac & PC)
- UPS does not appear in Energy Saver preferences
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed]. </body>
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.