Mac Geek Gab #38: Tasty Tips including Persistent Search, Better Podcast Management, and More
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For February 6th, 2006
Our favorite Mac geeks, John Braun and Dave Hamilton dive in this week to talk about how to configure persistent search (and what it is!), better podcast management with Cast Away, and answer a slew of your questions and queries, as well. Download, press play, and enjoy!
TrendyGeek: Protect your iPod from scratches with new Trendy Shields. Our shields provide 100% transparent scratch protection for all generation iPod. Ditch your bulky case today! $2.00 off with coupon code "MacGeek"
ThinkDifferentStore.com: The latest in new and unique iPod Accessories for your Video iPod, Nano, 4G, Mini, etc.
If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, we have two feeds:
Note: Shownotes are now complete.
- Celebrity Death Match
- 2005 Vaporware Awards
- The Truth About Plum Island
- Roger McGuinn's Blog Article
- Wikipedia: Roger McGuinn
- Google Blogsearch
- DealsOnTheWeb Search (with Persistent Search)
- Sage Firefox Plug-In
- Google Alerts
- Cone of Silence
- Get Smart
- Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
- Technical Differences between USB 2.0 and FireWire
- Apple DOS (with discussion of Muffin)
- Print Shop 2 for Mac
- Need iTunes Podcast Control? Try Cast Away!
- Yahoo Widgets (used to be Konfabulator)
- IMDB: Fahrenheit 451
- MacGeekGab Frappr Map
- Google Video Superbowl XL Commercials
- Snopes.com - Urban Legends Debunked
- Apple Crossgrade Article - check Comments for a good tip!
- Check your Mac's Warranty Status
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes 4.9! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.