Mac Geek Gab #43: Cable Modem Madness! Speed Tests, Tweaks and More!
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For March 13th, 2006
Dave Hamilton and John F. Braun dig deep into the world of cable modems and broadband connections, giving you exactly what you need to know to make yours work the right way for your network.
Audio Engine: Introducing -- Audioengine 5 -- Finally, real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don?t cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, we have two feeds:
Take our podcast survey during the month of March, 2006, and be entered into a drawing to win at least one iPod nano. Plus, you'll be helping us out by providing valuable feedback. Thanks!
|?||[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- 192.168.100.1 - Default diagnostics screen for many cable modems
- Ambit Cable Modem - login as 'root' with password 'root' to get more info
- Scientific Atlanta Webstar DPC2100 - John's Cable Modem
- Motorola Surfboard SB5120 - Dave's cable modem
- Terayon Cable Modem
- DSL/Broadband Reports
- Speakeasy Speed Test - Dave and John's favorite Broadband speed tester
- Cable Modem Tweaks, Tips and Info
- Verizon FiOS
- Apple Broadband Tuner
- Linksys WRT54G
- Hill Street Blues
- BackBeat Media Mac Geek Gab Podcast Survey
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes 4.9! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.