Mac Geek Gab #76: Core 2 Duo, Shortcuts, and More
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For October 29th, 2006
John and Dave talk through the differences in the Intel Core 2 Duo, and other additions to the MacBook Pro. On top of that, some of your tips and questions are shared with the listening audience. Subscribe, slurp it down, and enjoy!
Show Sponsor - Audio Engine: Audioengine 5 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don?t cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- MacBook Pro with Core 2 Duo
- Heil PR-30
- Heil PR-40
- Intel Core 2 Duo
- Core Duo versus Core 2 Duo
- Apple Laptop Comparison Chart
- FireWire 800
- Apple MagSafe Airline Power Adapter
- Mikegyver Computer & Things
- Connector Conspiracy
- Fan Control
- Dictionary Lookup Keyboard Shortcut
- Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts
- Martian SlingShot
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- Podcast/Portable Media Expo
- Mac Networkers Retreat
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-5c earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.