Mac Geek Gab #93: John and Dave Answer Your Questions
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For February 25, 2007
AirPort, VNC, Music Syncing, and auto-searching are just some of the topics covered by Dave, John, and the listeners in this edition of The Mac Geek Gab Podcast!
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine 5 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don't cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Sponsor: PDFpen: Effortlessly edit your PDFs. Add text, images and signatures, combine and split PDFs, reorder and remove PDF pages, and fill out and save PDF forms. Visit http://www.smileonmymac.com/geek for a special discount!
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- The 802.11g Standard (includes info on "protection" mechanism)
- .Mac Mail Help: POP or IMAP?
- Open Source Eudora
- Chatter Email
- iTunes for Mac: How to copy purchases between authorized computers
- iPodiRip - on VersionTracker
- Steve Jobs - Thoughts on Music
- SmileOnMyMac Geek Special
- What TCP Ports Does VNC Use?
- VNC over SSH
- Apple Remote Desktop Obscure Issue Resolved
- Amazing Slow Downer
- Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes
- Automator/launchd solution to iTunes Syncing Geek Challenge
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.