Weekly Roundup: January 21, 2006
Direct Link: MP3 Version
The top story this week: growth of the iTunes/iPod juggernaut. Also, time to get your keister back in med-school.
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider rating us, reviewing us, and voting for us! You can vote at:
You can also review us at the iTunes Music Store.
And don't forget to send submissions with your version of the news! Here are the stories mentioned this show:
The Growing Digital Media Marketplace
- Napster Going Under?
- iTunes Ranks as #2 Online Music Retailer in Dec.
- Nielsen//NetRatings- iTunes Hits 14% of Internet Users, Up 241% Y-Over-Y
- Songs Available for Legal Download Double to 2M
- iTunes Responsible for TV Ratings Boost
- Apple Exec- More iTMS Video Content on the Way
- NHL and NASCAR Working on iTunes Music Store Deals
- Sony Signs Australian iTunes Deal
- iPod Ready to Hit the Arab World
- Apple Files For 'Mobile Me' Trademark
- Fox TV Cautious About iTunes Music Store, Other Outlets
- Jobs May Become Disney's Largest Share Holder
- Apple CFO- 'We May Not Be Able to Meet Demand on the MacBook Pro'
- TMO Reports - Apple Q1 Results- $5.57 Billion in Sales, $565 Million Profits, 1.25 Million Macs Sold
- TMO Reports - Apple's 1Q06 By the Numbers- iPod Explosion Offsets Any Mac Weakness
- Yank Provides All-Purpose App Removal
- Undercover Tracks Stolen Macs
- Source-Live Streams Content from Pro Tools
- Mac Gaming News - Minions of Mirth Shipping for the Mac
- Review - iSongBook
- Review - AirPlay2
- Dr. Mac- Rants & Raves - GarageBand 3- First Look
- The Devil's Advocate- The Future of iPod Is Solid State
- The Slacker's Guide - -Marquee Meets the Web- FilmLoop
- TMO -- View topic - iMac Intel- Initial Experience
- iPod Could Help MD Students Practice Stethoscope Use
- New Mac/PC Shootouts Available
The Business Roundup
The Product Roundup
This news is written by the staff of The Mac Observer.
Bandwidth provided courtesy of Cachefly.
Bass by Boom, for TMO.