Microsoft is buying Nokia's handset business, including smartphones and feature phones, and that's kind of like an early Christmas present for Bryan and Jeff. Back in the land of awesome, Apple announced not one, but two media events, and one of them is in China. Lastly—and we mean that literally and figuratively, Samsung announced the Galaxy Gear smartwatch. In a word, Ugh.
ACM 220: Microsoft Buys Nokia, Apple’s Media Events, and Samsung’s Galaxy Gear
Go to Squarespace.com/acm and click "enter an offer code" under pricing and put in the code ACM9 for this week's show for a discount.
- Bryan's The Back Page Column - Samsung Should Call It the Galaxy Fear
- Apple Embraces China Smartphone Market with Second Media Event
- Apple Makes September 10th Media Event Official with Invites
- Samsung's Delusions of Relevance
- Microsoft Buys Nokia, Gets Serious about Smartphones and CEOs
- Engadget - Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch hands-on (video)
- The Verge - Samsung's Galaxy Gear is a smartwatch like no other
- Come see Jeff speak at Ignite Denver on September 18
- Jeff's blog: Fresh Brewed Tales
- Bryan's blog: Geek Tells