John and Dave are local in New Hampshire, no bandwidth issues to get in the way today! Just a straight-ahead podcast answering your questions, helping you change permissions, re-enable Airport, suss out GigE versus FireWire speeds, and even a follow-up on encrypting your data. Good stuff! Subscribe for free today.
Mac Geek Gab #178: Batch Permission Changes, Encrypting Follow-up, Re-Enabling AirPort, and GigE
Sponsor:Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2—Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don’t cost a fortune). You can’t get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- chown (-R <new_name> /path/to/drive)
- chmod (-R u+w /path/to/drive)
- update_prebinding (aka update_dyld_shared_cache)
- syslogd hogging CPU (via Apple Discussions)
- 10.5: One fix for a runaway syslogd process (via Mac OS X Hints)
- Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM (via Apple Support)
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption Mac
- Nondestructively Resizing Volumes (via Mac Geekery)
- Stateful firewall
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to .