John and Dave are here delivering all kinds of stuff today. A quick follow-up on the Drobo, including some listener tips, then some Time Machine discussion, which leads into listener questions about DVDs, Quality of Service, hiding the Dock, and more. Subscribe for free today and don't miss another episode!
Mac Geek Gab #192: Time Machine, QoS, Drobo, Syncing, DVDs, Dock Hiding and More
Sponsor:Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2—Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don’t cost a fortune). You can’t get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Sponsor:Circus Ponies Notebook: The Easy Way to Get Organized on the Mac. Try it FREE for 30 Days.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- WD My Book Mirror Edition
- How to increase recording capacity on your TiVo DVR
- Firefly iTunes Media Server
- Western Digital DRM'd Hard Drive Won't Let You Share MP3, DivX ... Or Impulse Tracker
- Discovering Sparse Bundle Disk Images
- VLC media player
- DVD Region Code
- Bandwidth throttling in OS X
- Throttled Pro
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to of iPhone Alley.