This week, as per usual, Dave and John dig right into the mailbag for you, answering your questions and sharing your tips! Answers to your questions run all over the map, including fixing when you can't email a PDF, resolving login items that just won't stick, how to eject disks on the new MacBook Pros, solving missing free space on your hard drive, and much, much more. Download today, press play, and enjoy!
MGG 424: Clamshells, Data Recovery, and Loving Java
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode
- Mac notebooks: How to use your computer in closed clamshell (display closed) mode with an external display
- MacBook and MacBook Pro: Mac reduces processor speed when battery is removed while operating from an A/C adaptor
- Contacts Cleaner
- Gift recommendation: Apple 5th Gen iPod Touch
- Keyboard Maestro
- "do shell script" in AppleScript
- Stocking Stuffer: The Nest Earbud Case / Earphone Protector & Winder
- Drive Genius
- Data Rescue
- The other Data Rescue
- Drobo 5D
- Drobo Mini
- Java plugin users on Mountain Lion nudged firmly toward Oracle
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).