For this week's episode, John and Dave are here again to answer your questions and share their tips. Some key topics covered include solving a pesky MacBook Pro lockup, configuring your own (free!) VPN server, some tips for Touch ID users and configuring your own email domain so you'll never have to worry when changing ISPs again! Download today for free and enjoy!
MGG 469: Get Your Own Email Domain, Save a Headache
Sponsor: CrashPlan: Automatic, offsite, data backup. You're data's protected and accessible by you – anytime, anywhere.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Sponsor: Smile PDF Pen Scan+ iOS App (1:28)
- WiFi Detector T-Shirt (sadly, out of stock) (5:22)
- NetSpot Mac Wi-Fi Site Survey App (7:50)
- John’s Piece (MacObserver) - Map Your Wi-Fi Coverage with NetSpot
- Drive Genius (11:44)
- How to use and troubleshoot FireWire target disk mode (23:46)
- How to enable Remote Management in OS X
- Sponsor: CrashPlan (32:32)
- OptiBay Drive Kit from MCE Technologies (35:32)
- OWC Express Silver USB 2.0 2.5" Hard Drive Kit (43:15)
- Fruit Juice 2.0 Mac App (44:25)
- Fruit Juice (Mac App Store)
- HardwareGrowler (Mac App Store) (48:20)
- Growl Apps
- ÇINGLETON 3 (50:00)
- MacTech Conference (with $100 discount before 10/31)
- Engadget Expand (54:35)
- CES Unveiled New York (55:55)
- PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo
- iPhone 5s: Changing Touch ID Fingerprint Labels (1:13:25)
- iCloud: Complimentary storage upgrades for former MobileMe members expired on September 30, 2013 (1:16:48)
- Apple Releases iTunes 11.1.1 to Fix Deleted Podcasts, Problem with iTunes Extras (1:19:42)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.