John and Dave kick off their Daylight Saving Time shoes and go Standard today. But there's nothing Standard about this episode (unless you count killer tips and excellent answers as standard ... WHICH WE DO). Dave and John talk through several interesting tweaks with Mavericks, including getting your windows to span multiple monitors again. Then it's off to troubleshooting using user accounts, with your two favorite geeks discussing the right way to handle that. There's more, too... you'll just have to download, press play, and enjoy!
MGG 473: What’s Using the Cellular Data on my iPhone? And More!
Sponsor: BusyCal is the ultimate calendar app for OS X — packed with powerful features in an easy-to-use package. Think of it as Calendar Pro.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Obduction from Cyan (1:55)
- Mavericks Makes Separate Displays their own Spaces (but can you can disable it) (5:50)
- Create Mavericks USB-drive Installer
- Creating a bootable OS X installer in OS X Mavericks
- About the new iWork for Mac: Features and compatibility (12:59)
- It Doesn’t Matter if iWork is Inferior to MS Office: iWork Still Wins
- Mavericks: Easily Make User Library Folder Visible (21:35)
- Lingon (30:41)
- Google US Holiday Calendar
- ownCloud Administrators Manual - Mac OS X
- Count Floyd
- Dataman (57:32)
- iOS 7: Limit which Apps Use Cell Data
- How do I set up a fingerprint after the initial set up failed?
- iPhone 5s: Using Touch ID
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.