Today John and Dave are joined by special guest, Michael Johnston, of Applr and We Have Communicators fame! Michael comes on the show to talk about Applr, but also joins the geeks for their whole discussion. In addition to Applr, your two (three?) favorite geeks go through some geek challenges, then it's on to answering your questions. Don't miss it!
MGG 475: Geek Challenges, Applr App Discovery and More!
Sponsor: Yojimbo: Your effortless, reliable information organizer for Mac OS X. It will change your life, without changing the way you work.
Sponsor: Transporter is an off-cloud social storage drive for sharing, accessing and backing up your files in real time. Works with Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Windows. Use coupon code 'MGG' for 10% off!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Hazel (4:37)
- Modifying File Tags with AppleScript (7:30)
- TapForms (9:00)
- Microsoft Word for Mac (11:18)
- Use Mail Merge to create a form letter
- OpenOffice (11:55)
- How to do a Mail Merge from Google Docs
- PathFinder (15:17)
- iPad mini with Retina display (17:02)
- Photive Case for Retina iPad mini (cheap iPad mini folio case that Dave found)
- Cheap iPhone Battery Case (that John found)
- Lightning 8Pin Colorful Charge and Data Cable for iPhone 5,iPad Mini,iPad 4,iPod (100cm-Length) (that John found)
- Dave’s profile on Applr (36:15)
- Michael’s profile on Applr
- John’s profile on Applr
- Pepi Bath
- iDentify 2 (55:36) (automatically add meta data and artwork to your ripped movies)
- IVI (movie categorizing and ripping software)
- Subler (for adding subtitles)
- Subscene (find your subtitles here)
- Video Station for Synology
- Plex (1:03:55)
Terminal command to create .gz file from Numbers file) (1:14:56) tar -zcvf [compressfilename].gz "[numbersfilename].numbers"/
Keka (for creating GZip and TARball files)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.