What exactly syncs to my iCloud Keychain? How do I secure my Wi-Fi Network? How do I increase my Wi-Fi signal strength? Which wireless router should I get? Have you ever asked any of these questions? Even if you haven't, do you want to know the answers? Download today and listen as your two favorite geeks discuss and solve these issues and more. It's free!
[Note: Michael's schedule is such that he won't have timely time to convert the show to AAC and add the chapters this week, so 477 will only be available in MP3 format.]
MGG 477: Because It Was Time For a Wi-Fi Episode
Sponsor: MRmk3 Powered Studio Monitor Series from Mackie: This line of great studio monitors — or speakers for your desk or home — from the trusted folks at Mackie starts at just $199, with $20-$100 off for the month of December.
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
- Turkey Derrick Plans (2:00)
- Dave’s Turkey Derrick Pictures including the Derrick with iGrill and the Derrick with Cones
- iGrill (4:58)
- Mackie MRMK3 Studio Monitors - Sponsor (7:55)
- iPhone 5s: Using Touch ID (14:50)
- iCloud: Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain (21:00)
- How to Store Secure Notes Without Using 3rd Party Apps
- 1Password (24:55)
- LastPass (25:00)
- Google 2-Step Verification (25:55)
- OUI Lookup Tool (30:00)
- WEP Warning
- KisMAC (35:30)
- Change MAC Address on your Mac (36:40)
- Netspot (39:45)
- How to Setup and Extend a Wi-Fi Network (44:05)
- iStumbler (45:15)
- AirPort Extreme
- dd-wrt (enhanced router firmware) (1:05:05)
- Buffalo 802.11ac Router that Dave Has
- ASUS Routers (1:08:42)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.