John and Dave kickoff your Sunday morning with all the power of a Super Bowl full of Wheaties! Want to mix Time Machine backups with other data on the same drive? They've got you covered. Want to get a real alert when your battery dies? Just press play and your two favorite geeks will tell you. How about learning all about a quick-and-easy way to maintain your Mac? Touch download and you'll score all these answers and more. This podcast is For The Win.
MGG 486: Touch Download And Enjoy This Super Bowl O’ Great Mac Tips
Sponsor: PDFpen makes it easy to go mobile with PDFpen for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. You can have PDFpen’s editing power on all your devices.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Groundhog Day
- Groundhog Day (1993)
- Disk Utility 12.x: Partition a disk (1:58)
- Synology and Time Machine and Quotas
- Fruit Juice (7:17)
- How to Remove Duplicate Entries from OS X’s “Open With” Menu (11:04)
- How to Repair User-Level Permissions in Mac OS X
- OnyX (18:52)
- Memory Keeper
- PDFpen - Show Sponsor
- TRENDnet default IP is 192.168.0.1 (192.168.1.1 has also been reported) (28:34)
- DOCSIS Cable Modem Status
- Fing (33:18)
- Buffalo Wireless Routers (what Dave uses at the house/office)
- OS X: When your Mac doesn't sleep or wake (40:46)
- About Bonjour Sleep Proxy
- Decibel (52:46)
- MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Models A1226 and A1260 PRAM Battery Replacement (56:16)
- $2 CR2025 Battery
- NFL Films: On Phish and Russell Wilson
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.