John and Dave kick off the week with a Monday show (after kicking back all weekend) and start with what they do best: answering your questions and sharing your tips. Today they dig into which encryption makes sense for you, some tips on copying/pasting and learning about your Mac; wrangling Time Machine under control, and more. Download today and enjoy!
MGG 498: Encryption for Everyone, Choosing Wi-Fi Channels & More
Sponsor: EverWeb. Quickly and easily build a beautiful website just by dragging and dropping with EverWeb. Check out Rage Software's iWeb Switchers Guide to migrate – and upgrade – your web-building experience.
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 7-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- FileVault 2 (3:43)
- Hider 2
- How to create a password-protected (encrypted) disk image
- OS X Mavericks: Require a password after waking your Mac
- OS X: An Easier Keyboard Shortcut for Paste and Match Style (13:14)
- OS X Server (15:58)
- Mactracker (19:24)
- Mac Pro (Early 2009) Manual (includes Backup Battery replacement instructions)
- Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
- Time Machine (28:48)
- Hard Links
- iOS AirPlay Mirroring (40:28)
- Nest Thermostat
- Apple TV Adds A&E/History/Lifetime
- aTV Flash (black)
- OS X: About Finder Tabs (52:06)
- Transporter Sync
- My Support Profile (55:37)
- Print n Share (1:00:39)
- AirPrint Basics
- Merge Your Local Contacts to iCloud (1:02:53)
- Optimizing Wireless Networks (1:04:43)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.