Dave and John come out of the weekend with a great show for you today to kick off your week. Some quick follow-ups to clarify a few lingering SSD questions and then it's off to the races answering your questions and solving your problems. If you've been using iTunes for a few years you might have some clean-up needs like listener Teri, so your two favorite geeks talk through that. Then a few things about cleaning up Mail and its rules; holiday calendar management, mixed-mode WiFi concerns and quiet audio round it out... with the exception of your favorite: the tangents! Download today and enjoy!
MGG 502: Teri, Terry, Larry & More!
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: EverWebQuickly and easily build a beautiful website just by dragging and dropping with EverWeb. Check out Rage Software's iWeb Switchers Guide to migrate – and upgrade – your web-building experience.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- TMO Daily Observations Podcast
- TRIM (9:13)
- To TRIM or not to TRIM (OWC has the answer) (Obsolete)
- With An OWC SSD, There’s No Need For TRIM (Correct)
- Should I defrag an SSD drive? (20:28)
- Wintec ExpressCard with Mini USB 2.0 ExpressCard 34
- About Time Machine local snapshots
- Disable Time Machine Local Backups in Mac OS X Lion
- Hidden Users Folder Result of iTunes 11.2 and Find My Mac Combination, not 10.9.3 (35:53)
- iTunes 11.2.1 release notes
- Mavericks Users Folder Disappeared
- Rules for Creating Rules in Apple’s Mail App (46:50)
- AppleScript to tell when Mail Rules have been executing
- Mixed-mode Wi-Fi Network Discussion (1:04:45)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.