This past Friday marks 9 years of Mac Geek Gab, and your two favorite geeks are at it and stronger than ever. Download and/or press "Play" on today's show to hear some great listener-submitted tips about managing Finder settings, installing Yosemite beta, podcast management and more. Then your geeks answer listener questions, including a great segment on managing disk space, both inside iTunes and beyond. Also the great question is answered, "What are the true benefits of private cloud?" Don't miss it!
MGG 506: Nine Years, Two Geeks and Hundreds Of Thousands of Listeners
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 7-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Father's Day
- Yasu (4:00)
- Install OS X Yosemite on Two Partitions (7:40)
- Remote restart a FileVault 2 Mac with: sudo fdesetup authrestart (10:30)
- Growl (12:30)
- iPod Classic has better audio quality than all others (16:05)
- Audioengine D1
- On itunes 11.1, can you delete podcast episodes? (24:57)
- Daisy Disk (28:30)
- OS X: What is "other" space in About This Mac?
- What Size? (41:45)
- Battery Doctor
- How to mount remote folders from another Synology NAS (1:05:44)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show Podcast and Applr.