Got dust? You've probably got heat, too. Your favorite geeks – and fellow listeners – have your advice for you. How about managing a NAS drive and keeping your data in the right place? What about the disks themselves? How about some general tips for running about in the Terminal? Traveling and want to bring good-sounding tunes with you? All this and more in today's show!
MGG 507: Blow It Out To Cool It Off
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off. Also, build a site and tweet us a link with #SquareSpaceShoutout and we'll retweet your site for you ... and maybe mention you on the next episode!
Sponsor: Create and send great looking email campaigns with Direct Mail, an easy-to-use, fully-featured email marketing app purpose- built for OS X. Direct Mail is great for beginners, small businesses, and professional senders alike. Download Direct Mail for free today at directmailmac.com.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) (1:52)
- OS X Mavericks: Detect dates, contacts, and more in documents (but not Safari) (9:01)
- Add Data Detectors to Safari
- Gas Duster (15:03)
- iFixit Detailing Brush (ESD-Safe)
- Select Drives for Drobo (23:13)
- Newer USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter
- Synology Drive Selector
- What hard drive should I buy - BackBlazer
- RAID calculator - Synology
- SparseImage Compactor (37:02)
- may I partition the hard drive on my new Airport Time Capsule?
- Using CrashPlan with Synology
- Power users guide to OS X Server Mavericks
- JBL Voyager
- JBL Pulse
- Install CrashPlan on a Drobo 5N
- Black Lung Guitars
- Guitar Connect Pro
- Apple Remote App
- Unix Shell (1:04:29)
- Bad Hat Harry Productions
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.