Your two geeks spent time digging into IPv6 this week -- in two different ways -- so they could tell you everything they've learned. IPv6 is something that we'll all have to deal with eventually, and your two geeks are starting down that path themselves, both now running it on their home networks. Then it's on to answering your questions. John and Dave talk through what it takes to clean install a Mac... and what "cruft" really means. Wanna learn about sharing videos via Photo Stream? Here you go. All this and more, today!
MGG 514: IPv6 Fun & Defining Cruft!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Borough (New York City is not just Manhattan) (12:44)
- Long Island
- IPv6 (17:48)
- Google explains IPv6
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Comcast’s IPv6 Portal (27:00)
- RFC 1883 - Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification (29:35)
- How to Setup IPv6 Tunnel on an Apple Airport Extreme / Time Capsule Router (30:10)
- Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 Tunnel Broker
- World IPv6 Launch!
- Comcast Speed Test
- Maccast 2014.08.07 -- Dave Hamilton on iTunes, NAS drives, and RAID
- Should you do a "clean install" of Mavericks? (56:01)
- Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system (1:06:07)
- The Excrement is Going to Hit the Oscillating Blades
- iCloud: Add photos or videos to a shared stream (1:11:39)
- Vimeo (1:15:44)
- Navigon (1:18:01)
- Adding a BLE (Bluetooth 4.0) dongle to Mac OS X (Mavericks) (1:18:37)
- SHODAN - Computer Search Engine
- iStat Menus
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.