Ready to give up on your Mac? Don't let it go quite so easily. There might be an option or a repair or an upgrade! Have a Drobo or a DiskStation (or want one)? Do you know what it takes to manage one of those devices? It's not difficult, and John and Dave explain all that and more for you in one easy-to-digest podcast episode!
MGG 565: Of Caps and Paste and Macs, Oh My!
Sponsor: TunnelBear provides simple, private access to the Internet you love. Imagine a VPN with one-click on/off connections. That's TunnelBear. Try today, anonymously, for free.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- What is Synology Hybrid RAID?
- Synology DSM Help - Replace Hard Drives to Expand Storage Capacity
- What Hard Drive Should I Buy?
- MacBook Pro screen has died. Wanting to use secondary display? (17:21)
- MacBook Display Inverter
- OWC SSD Upgrade for MacBook Air 2012 (23:19)
- Share purchased content with Family Sharing (28:41)
- Drobo (35:11)
- How do I check for file system corruption on my direct attached (DAS) Drobo device? (42:42)
- PhoneClean (45:53)
- Netgear R7500 (53:06)
- DD-WRT Open Source Router Firmware
- Forgot a Mac Firmware Password? Don’t Panic, Here’s What To Do (1:03:01)
- Use a firmware password on your Mac
- BitTorrent Sync (1:06:03)
- Technique: Applying Thermal Paste (1:08:11)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.