The mailbag is overflowing, and John and Dave do their best to get through as much of your feedback as possible. A common theme this week is prepping your Mac for sale or service, and your two favorite geeks talk through that as well as sharing some listener tips on the subject. Restoring from backups, what to do with .do files, iCal to Google Calendar syncing, and even a winning answer for our Geek Challenge posed in show 244 are all here! Subscribe, download, tune in, and enjoy!
MGG 245: Prepping a Mac for Sale or Service, Your Questions, and More!
Sponsor: Circus Ponies Notebook: The Easy Way to Get Organized on the Mac. Try it FREE for 30 Days.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Open Recent Items HotKey
- Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts (includes Move focus to the menu bar)
- Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6: How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac
- Little Snitch
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later: About Disk Utility's erase free space feature
- Temperature Monitor
- Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore
- How to rebuild the LaunchServices database
- "To Pair or Not to Pair" - part in a continuing series (Updated August 16th, 2007)
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of iPhone Alley.