John and Dave join up yet again for you, answering your Mac questions and solving your problems! Topics today include starting up after a power failure, renaming extensions, choosing processors, killing the Dock icon, and more. It’s quite a range of subject matter, but all related to your daily computing life. Download (it’s free!) and enjoy!
MGG 328: Mac Questions Answered, Tips Shared, Cool Stuff Found
Sponsor: PDFpen from Smile: Effortlessly edit your PDFs. Add text, images and signatures, combine and split PDFs, reorder and remove PDF pages, and fill out and save PDF forms. New in version 4: OCR, MS Word import and more.
Sponsor: Circus Ponies Notebook: The Easy Way to Get Organized on the Mac. Try it FREE for 30 Days.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac OS X: About file system journaling
- Drive Genius
- Disk Warrior
- One-line batch file renamer
- A Better Finder Rename
- Word 2011: More on ‘This is not a valid file name’ error message
- TiVo Kickstart Codes and Information
- Newer Technology USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter
- mfstoolDEBUG (downloads program)
- MFS Tools
- Gum Plus
- Awareness! The Headphone App
- Jump Desktop
- Eye-Fi Direct Mode
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).