It’s time for another Premium edition of Mac Geek Gab. Reserved exclusively for paying members of the Mac Geek Gab community, today John and Dave dig deep into solving problems with startup items (one listener wants to get rid of them, another wants to get them back!), they look at DNS lookups and how to optimize them for your benefit and tracking, dig DEEP into Mail.app and even find the first emails they ever sent to one another, they investigate Finder alternatives, and more! Subscribe today — just $25 for 6 months worth — and enjoy!
MGG 332: Startup Items, DNS Lookups, Mail History, More
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Safari, Mac OS X and Fraudulent SSL Certificates (Comodo)
- If the Mac App Store is slow, it’s probably because of your Keychain CRL setting
- Playing sounds for new mail and other mail events
- Resetting your Mac’s PRAM and NVRAM
- Enable detailed Mail.app logging options
- Using Connection Doctor
- Cleaning Apple Mail’s Envelope Index
- Path Finder
- Want to Speed Up Your Surfing? Check out namebench!
- AirPort Flow
- SNMP Status
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).