John and Dave (and Pilot Pete) kick off June with this fantastic Premium episode of your Mac Geek Gab. Topics are, as always, all over the place based on the questions that you (and other listeners, of course!) have sent in. Some highlights include learning how to zip folders for Windows users without including those pesky hidden .DS_Store and _MACOSX entries, the nuances between logging out and restarting (and which to do when), converting with Handbrake and much, much more. Subscribe to the Premium edition today (it’s just $25 for 6 months), support your two favorite geeks, and enjoy the weekend!
MGG 334: Geeks In Tune for June
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?
- “You need to restart your computer” (kernel panic) message appears (Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6)
- zip -r zipname.zip . -x .DS_\* (zip files without including .DS_Store and __MACOSX)
- Junecloud Automator Actions
- NuPower 58 Watt-Hour Battery for MacBook Pro 15” non-Unibody
- Mac OS X v10.6: About the Battery menu bar extra for portable Macs
- Ethernet hub
- Network switch
- How Big is Your Haystack?
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).