Ever have trouble connecting your Mac to another WiFi network even when Windows machines easily connect? Ever try to share files with a Windows machine but run into trouble there? How about if you’re a Gmail user but can’t figure out quite the right way to manage your Mail archives without dealing with the duplicate messages caused by the “All Mail” mailbox? Well, you’re in luck. Download, press play, and enjoy, because John F. Braun and Dave Hamilton are here to answer these questions — and quite a few more! — on today’s episode of Mac Geek Gab! You can even send in your own questions to be answered in a future show, too!
MGG 398: Geeks Going Deep with Mail & Routers
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac OS X: Sharing your files with non-Apple computers
- Ethernet crossover cable
- Mac OS X 10.6 Help - Changing the priority of your network connections
- Buffalo’s new 802.11ac Router and Wireless Bridge
- Time Machine - Troubleshooting - Common Backup Messages
- Time Machine Buddy
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- CIRCL automatic launch object detection for Mac OS X
- Mail Act-On
- Lion Mail: Archive messages
- Mac OS X “Lion” Mail.app Deep Dive
- AHCI - Advanced Host Controller Interface
- Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC)
- UDMA- Ultra DMA
- Error Detection and Correction
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).