Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
MACWORLD Product Focus - Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
by , 1:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2000
We had a chance to stop by the Xircom booth and check out some of the slick USB expansion products they have to offer. Although the stackable 4 and 7 port USB hubs in multiple colors caught our eye, what caught our attention was the upcoming PortStation product.
This is a modular expansion product which starts as a 4-port USB hub. But the cool part is that you can take it apart, and then add the modules that you need. At this point, the currently available expansion modules are a 4-port USB hub, a serial DB-9 module, a SCSI module, and a DIN 8 serial module. Slated for the future is an ISDN module, an HPNA (Home Phone Line Networking) module, and an ADSL module.
This product is current available for the PC, and is slated for release on the Mac in September 2000. Pricing has not yet been set.
- Fri, 9:43 PM
- ScanSnap on Sierra Update: Fujitsu Warns of Data Loss In 'Specific Circumstances'
- Fri, 9:21 PM
- iOS 10: How to Disable (Some) Haptic Feedback on iPhone 7
- Fri, 7:36 PM
- Use the Digital Crown to Control Your Apple Watch Series 2 Screen Brightness
- Fri, 7:03 PM
- Install Secure XFINITY WiFi Profile On Your New iPhone
- Fri, 6:29 PM
- iOS 10: How to Optimize Downloaded Music Storage
- Fri, 6:01 PM
- iOS 10.0.2 Fixes Headphone Audio Controls, More
- Fri, 5:33 PM
- iOS 10: Apps are Gaining 3D Touch Widgets and They're Freakin Sweet
- Fri, 5:33 PM
- Use a Password Manager to Store Your Driver's License and Passport
- Fri, 3:48 PM
- This May be The 4K UHD Apple TV We've Been Waiting For
- Fri, 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-23: Apple, AI, and Buying Tuplejump
- Fri, 11:53 AM
- Apple's Tuplejump Purchase Hints at a Smarter Siri and Echo Competitor
- Fri, 10:00 AM
- AceVPN 3-Year Subscription: $45