Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance&qu
Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance"
by , 2:30 PM EST, December 19th, 2000
Apple has released a CPU plugin for PowerMac G4 owners that the company says will provide "more reliable performance." Although Apple's documentation and Web site do not specify this, the update is for dual processor machines only. This installer checks, so installing it on the wrong machine is not possible. According to Apple:
This update of the Apple CPU Plugin is required for Power Mac G4 systems using Mac OS 9.0.4 or later. This update is not needed by and will not be installed on systems using Mac OS X Public Beta.
This software updates the Apple CPU Plugin extension and provides more reliable performance from your Power Mac G4.
What Is Installed
Apple CPU Plugin installs the Apple CPU Plugin 2.7 extension in your System Folder.
For additional information, go to www.apple.com/support
English - North American Mac OS 9.0.4
Power Macintosh G4 .
You can find more information and download links at Apple's Web site.
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- iOS 10 and Swift 3 Starter Bundle: $45
- Sun, 12:16 PM
- Don't Fear The Wi-Fi – Mac Geek Gab 645
- Sat, 3:47 AM
- Apple Answers Tweets in 4 New iPad Pro Ads
- Fri, 10:24 PM
- WWDC in San Jose Is Closer and Other Apple Insights
- Fri, 6:58 PM
- AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Unlimited Data Plan Comparison
- Fri, 6:25 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins from 11 Faucets That (Still) Pay
- Fri, 6:16 PM
- iPhone Prototypes Must Be Carried In A Special Case
- Fri, 4:59 PM
- Apple, Let Us Tune into Those FM Radio Channels
- Fri, 4:48 PM
- iPhone 8: Goodbye Home Button, Hello Function Area
- Fri, 4:38 PM
- Amazon is Just Getting Started With Alexa/Echo
- Fri, 1:49 PM
- iPhone 8 Biometric Sensors, FCC and Smartphone Radio Chips - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-17
- Fri, 12:05 PM
- ExoMount Touch Air Vent Car Mount: $16.99