Rumor No More: Sound Blaster Live Coming To The Mac
MWSF - Rumor No More: Sound Blaster Live Coming To The Mac
by , 1:00 PM EST, January 5th, 2001
After months of speculation, Creative Labs is ready to release a Macintosh version of their Sound Blaster Live audio card. Mac users have always prided themselves on their Mac's built in sound capabilities, but that convenience has come at a price; 3D stereo surround sound is years behind on the Mac platform.
Details on the Mac version have not been released. Based on the feature set of the Windows counterpart, however, the card should be impressive. Users should expect full digital audio processing, improved MIDI support, and stereo in/out jack to allow users to directly wire their Mac into their home stereo system. Next time you have a party, fire up your MP3 music playlist, pump it through your main stereo system, and forget about switching CD's all night.
Creative Labs will be taking pre-orders and demonstrating the new card at next week's MACWORLD Expo. You can visit them at booth #2339, and show attendees will be offered special pricing on the card. You can also find more information at the Creative Labs web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is great news for Mac users, to be sure. The Sound Blaster Live card enhances game play by providing cleaner and more realistic 3D sound, while also enhancing ambient sound in games like Unreal.
Music lovers should also notice a difference in MP3 playback, due to improved digital support. This has been an area that has been lacking for Mac users for too long, and Creative Labs' support is a welcome addition to the platform.
- Mon, 7:24 PM
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder
- Mon, 5:53 PM
- Returning to U.S. With iPhone? What Are Your Rights?
- Mon, 4:48 PM
- Hidden Folks is the Whimsically Fun Hidden Object Game You Need on Your iPhone and iPad
- Mon, 4:31 PM
- macOS Sierra: Delete And Reinstall 1Password To Refresh Certificate [Update]
- Mon, 4:05 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Open Source Developer & Former Apple Manager Jordan Hubbard
- Mon, 2:10 PM
- Apple's Facial Recognition Plans, the AI Race - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-20
- Mon, 1:36 PM
- How to Mod a Porsche 911 or Other Car to Run Doom in 3 Easy Steps
- Mon, 12:01 PM
- Apple Buys RealFace, but that Doesn't Mean We're Unlocking iPhones with Our Face Yet
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- iOS 10 and Swift 3 Starter Bundle: $45
- Sun, 12:16 PM
- Don't Fear The Wi-Fi – Mac Geek Gab 645
- Sat, 3:47 AM
- Apple Answers Tweets in 4 New iPad Pro Ads
- Fri, 10:24 PM
- WWDC in San Jose Is Closer and Other Apple Insights