Import Old Movies, Create New Ones with Dazzle's Hollywood DV-Bridge
MWSF: From The Floor - Import Old Movies, Create New Ones with Dazzle's Hollywood DV-Bridge
by , 6:00 PM EST, January 9th, 2001
Ever since the introduction of FireWire-enabled Macs and iMovie, folks have had the ability to generate their own digital movies with relative ease. But this digital solution still leaves folks, especially those that don't have a computer, out of the action. There are many more people that have the ability to view good ol' VCR tapes than digital movies. Fortunately, the good folks at Dazzle offer the Hollywood DV-Bridge, advertised as "a universal solution for converting and editing analog and DV video."
Prem Talreja, Vice President of Marketing, took a moment to tell us about the unit. Announced at the recent COMDEX show in November 2000 and shipped in December 2000, the Hollywood DV-Bridge seems to live up to its claim of being a universal solution. For input, it will accept the standard analog RCA jacks for video, right audio and left audio. For higher quality, there are also S-Video and DV (FireWire) inputs. The outputs mirror the inputs, allowing analog, S-Video and DV output.
The Hollywood DV-Bridge and Friends
In their booth, Dazzle was demonstrating the versatility of the product by showing a DV camcorder providing input to the Hollywood DV-Bridge, and sending output to both a monitor via the analog outputs, as well as an iMac DV equipped with iMovie. We can imagine all sorts of scenarios, from creating digital versions of existing content on a VCR tape, to moving an iMovie to a tape for those who don't (yet) have a Mac to enjoy them.
As mentioned, the unit is available immediately, and is priced at US$299. We'll be performing a more detailed analysis of this unit in an upcoming product review.
- Sat, 1:34 AM
- Tim Cook Pivots to Play Active Role in Shaping Apple Narrative
- Fri, 8:35 PM
- Fri, 3:35 PM
- Soundjump Bluetooth Speaker Has Built-In Portable Charger: $104.99
- Fri, 3:21 PM
- How to Opt Out of WhatsApp's Facebook Data Sharing
- Fri, 1:29 PM
- Get Your 80s Synth on with the Stranger Things Soundtrack on Apple Music
- Fri, 12:43 PM
- The iPad Pro 9.7-inch Keyboard Case for Road Warriors
- Fri, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-26: Interview with Fling's Dave Hamilton
- Fri, 10:00 AM
- Seeing a Folder's Size in the Terminal
- Thu, 7:20 PM
- The Battery That's Lasted 176 Years
- Thu, 6:32 PM
- Enough with iPhone Headphone Jack Kvetching
- Thu, 6:30 PM
- How to Enable Apple Watch Screenshots in watchOS 3
- Thu, 6:11 PM
- Apple Patches Critical Zero-Day Data Security Exploit in iOS 9.3.5 Update