HP Releases New Multi-Function Laser Printer For Mac
MWSF - HP Releases New Multi-Function Laser Printer For Mac
by , 2:30 PM EST, January 10th, 2001
HP has announced a new multi-function device compatible with the Mac OS. The new HP 3200m includes a laser printer, fax machine, scanner, and copier all in one unit. Targeted at high-end home users and small business, the new 3200m offers a compelling alternative to adding all seperate components. According to HP:
Hewlett-Packard Company today announced the HP LaserJet 3200m printer/fax/copier/scannerall-in-one. The Macintosh-compatible HP LaserJet 3200m offers teleworkersand small businesses the quality and reliability of an HP LaserJet printer,Mac features and Internet connectivity, while simultaneously saving space,time and money.
The latest in HP's line of Mac printing and imaging solutions, the HPLaserJet 3200m joins the HP LaserJet 3200 family of products to bringall-in-one functionality to Mac environments. The HP LaserJet 3200m softwareis designed and tailored for Macs to provide full-featured printing, faxing,copying and scanning under Mac OS 8.6 and 9.0. Mac users can easily installthe HP LaserJet 3200m using a supplied USB cable.
Functioning as an on-ramp to the Internet, the HP LaserJet 3200m providesInternet capabilities that enable users to stay connected in today's world.The color scan-to-Web and scan-to-email features send documents directly toe-mail and Web applications with the touch of a button.
The HP LaserJet 3200m is an ideal solution for the fast-growing small officeand home office markets. IDC estimates that by 2004 there will be 8.3million small offices and 46.3 million home offices in the United Statesalone(1). The HP LaserJet 3200m addresses the needs of home office users,small office workers and telecommuters with its laser-quality,space-conscious design and multitasking capabilities.
Key features of the HP LaserJet 3200m all-in-one include:
- HP printer language emulates Adobe¬ PostScript¬ level 2 and offers acomplete solution for Mac and Windows¬ users requiring PostScriptcompatibility;
- 16 MB standard memory, upgradeable to 80 MB;
- Document management software developed and customized for Macs;
- USB cable included in-box; and
- Up to 300 pages of fax storage and 275 speed dials.
- Common features for the HP LaserJet 3200, HP LaserJet 3200se and HPLaserJet 3200m include:
- 9 pages-per-minute print, copy and fax;
- 1,200 dots-per-inch printing;
- 600 pixels-per-inch color scanning;
- One-touch scan-to-email and scan-to-Web;
- Networkability with optional external HP Jetdirect print server;
- PCL 6 and PCL 5e
- 7,000 pages per-month duty cycle.
The HP LaserJet3200m is available for US$699. You can find more information at the HP web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is definitely an afordable option for home and small-business users. It wasn't all that long ago that a laser printer alone would have cost double the price of this device, and Mac support out of the box is welcome.
- Sun, 12:04 PM
- MGG 628: Cool Stuff Found and The DNS Achilles Heel
- Fri, 10:59 PM
- Apple Pay Used to Buy $1M Aston Martin DB5 Luxury Car
- Fri, 10:23 PM
- Perpetrator of Friday's Internet Outage Comes Clean
- Fri, 9:35 PM
- macOS Sierra: Disable Auto-Logout if Sierra Enabled It
- Fri, 6:26 PM
- Apple Regent Street Opening Photo Gallery
- Fri, 5:59 PM
- Apple and IBM Partnership: Macs, iOS and Watson Are The Glue
- Fri, 5:05 PM
- Teens Steal $13,000 in iPhones from Natick Collection Apple Store
- Fri, 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-21: iPhone 7 Fire, Microsoft Surface on the Rise
- Fri, 11:22 AM
- iPhone 7 Blamed for Car Fire
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- HYFY Pro 1-Year Plan: $25
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- King of the Hill Intro in Pixel Art
- Thu, 8:19 PM
- Eddy Cue Dampens Expectations for Original Apple TV Programming