7700 Visitors In Two Days At The Apple Store
WWDC - 7700 Visitors In Two Days At The Apple Store
by , 3:15 PM EDT, May 21st, 2001
Apple has announced that its two brick and mortar Apple Stores have welcomed over 7700 customers during the weekend. The new retail stores were kicked off by Steve Jobs last week. According to Apple:
Apple today announced that its first two retail locations welcomed over 7700 people and sold a combined total of $599,000 of merchandise during their first two day weekend. The stores, located in Glendale, California and McLean, Virginia are the first of 25 stores the company is opening across the U.S. in 2001.
"We are blown away with the numbers," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "More importantly, customers have told us they love everything about the store from the knowledgeable sales staff to the Genius Bar to the stores design and unique approach to presenting digital lifestyle solutions."
On May 15, 2001, Apple announced that it would open 25 retail stores across the U.S. in 2001. After opening its first two stores on May 19, Apple will continue to introduce stores in a number of high-traffic locations throughout the year.
At each Apple store, salespeople will be able to demonstrate Macs running iTunes and iMovie, as well as Mac OS X. All of the Macs are connected to the Internet, and several are connected to digital lifestyle products that complement the Mac experience, such as digital cameras, digital camcorders, MP3 players, and handheld organizers.
The Apple stores will carry over 300 third-party software titles for professionals, and consumers and will carry inventory for every Apple and third-party product displayed to ensure immediate fulfillment.
You can find more information at the Apple Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:How Apple could count all those customers is surprising, but the amount of store visits sounds good. Whether this kind of traffic comes from Apple enthusiasts or regular consumers remains to be seen, but the kick-off seems to be a success for Apple.
- Tue, 7:06 PM
- iTrip Clip Makes Your Headphones Wireless Ahead of iPhone 7 Launch
- Tue, 6:29 PM
- Geekbench 4 Released for Mac, iOS, and Other OSes
- Tue, 5:32 PM
- Adonit Jot Touch with Pixelpoint Stylus: $39.99
- Tue, 4:55 PM
- Apple Updates HP Printer Drivers
- Tue, 3:53 PM
- Sonos's Future: Opening Up Control to Alexa and Third-Party Apps
- Tue, 2:06 PM
- 9 Great New 'Little' iOS 10 Features
- Tue, 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-30: Apple's EU Tax Bill, September 7 Media Event
- Tue, 12:37 PM
- EU Says Apple Owes €13B in Back Taxes, and the Fight is On
- Mon, 9:03 PM
- Apple Music's Carpool Karaoke Will Feature Broader Range of Celebrities
- Mon, 7:54 PM
- MOS Pack Backpack Charges Multiple Devices with One Plug
- Mon, 5:45 PM
- Blood in the Macintosh Water: Apple's Competitors Now Sense Weakness
- Mon, 5:29 PM
- FresheTech Splash Tunes Bluetooth Shower Speaker: $19.99