Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
MWNY Floor Quickie - Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
by , 12:30 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Which one of these is not like the other one : mice, trackballs, trackpads, tablets, pointing nubs, gloves, joysticks, gamepads.
If you are tired of spending money for the same input devices in new dressing, you have only until early 2002 to wait for a P5 Glove. The story in short: if Essential Reality manages to achieve even a fraction what they say the P5 will allow gamers, graphics pros, and other technophiles to do, the company will have a winning product on its hands.
After meeting with the chief operating and technology officers of the company here at Macworld, we can say that the company seems to be on the right track. In the gaming area of the show floor, Essential Reality was demoing a prototype of their device. Designed like a futuristic exoskeleton, the P5 can track the flex of your hand and each of your individual fingers.
The P5 is currently slated for release in early 2002, to be bundled with as-yet undisclosed software titles and demos.
- Fri, 11:22 AM
- iPhone 7 Blamed for Car Fire
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- HYFY Pro 1-Year Plan: $25
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- King of the Hill Intro in Pixel Art
- Thu, 8:19 PM
- Eddy Cue Dampens Expectations for Original Apple TV Programming
- Thu, 7:33 PM
- Mad Max Available on Mac App Store and Steam
- Thu, 6:25 PM
- Satechi Slim Rechargeable Aluminum Bluetooth Keypads
- Thu, 4:44 PM
- Apple Will Likely Let the 2013 Mac Pro Quietly Die
- Thu, 1:58 PM
- MacBook Pro's Function Touch Strip Called Magic Toolbar
- Thu, 1:05 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-20: Apple's 'hello again' Media Event Predictions
- Thu, 9:39 AM
- watchOS 3: How to Use Emergency SOS
- Thu, 9:00 AM
- The Mac Power Organizer Bundle
- Wed, 8:04 PM
- E Ink Keyboard MacBook Pros Aren't a Sure Thing