Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
MWNY Floor Quickie - Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
by , 12:30 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Which one of these is not like the other one : mice, trackballs, trackpads, tablets, pointing nubs, gloves, joysticks, gamepads.
If you are tired of spending money for the same input devices in new dressing, you have only until early 2002 to wait for a P5 Glove. The story in short: if Essential Reality manages to achieve even a fraction what they say the P5 will allow gamers, graphics pros, and other technophiles to do, the company will have a winning product on its hands.
After meeting with the chief operating and technology officers of the company here at Macworld, we can say that the company seems to be on the right track. In the gaming area of the show floor, Essential Reality was demoing a prototype of their device. Designed like a futuristic exoskeleton, the P5 can track the flex of your hand and each of your individual fingers.
The P5 is currently slated for release in early 2002, to be bundled with as-yet undisclosed software titles and demos.
- Tue, 2:01 PM
- Capture 4K Video and Pics without the High Resolution Price Tag
- Tue, 1:52 PM
- LinearFlux PokeCharger Portable Battery: $39.99
- Tue, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-23: Interview with Victor Cajiao
- Tue, 10:30 AM
- Sony XAV-AX100 Adds CarPlay to Your Car for $500
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Not Even NSA Can Keep Software Exploits Secret
- Tue, 8:00 AM
- Avoid Endless Scrolling: How to Quickly Return to the Top of a Page in iOS
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Apple Acquires Startup That Allows Users to Collect Their Own Health Record
- Mon, 4:39 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Electronic Frontier Foundation Executive Director Cindy Cohn
- Mon, 4:13 PM
- At CEDIA, Amazon Will Talk About Star Trek Inspiration for Voice Recognition
- Mon, 3:54 PM
- iPhone Charging Dock Station (Silver): $17.98
- Mon, 1:19 PM
- Here's the Not So Secret Roadmap for 4K UHD TV
- Mon, 11:58 AM
- The Cellphone That Assembles Itself (Video)