Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
MWNY - Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Vivastar is a Swiss company, new to both MACWORLD and the US market. Born in May 1997, they started in the DVD and CD recording media business. But now they've decided to get into the DVD-R market with their own line of DVD-R recorders.
Their first model, the RS-121, is an external recorder with 1x/2x write performance, and 4x read performance. It sports an unusual, spaceship look, with blue and silver colors. It can store up to 4.7GB of data on a disc, and will have a retail price of $899. The second model, the RS-111, has specs identical to the RS-121, but will have a retail price of $799. Both units will support SCSI and FireWire interfaces.
Both drives can write the 4.7GB DVD-R media, and can also read 4.7GB DVD-R, DVD-Video and DVD-ROM discs. The drives should be available in August, 2001.
The Mac Observer Spin:It is great to see another newcomer to MACWORLD. With Swiss quality being legendary (at least with watches) we can't wait to see how these drives stack up against other players in the market.
- Sun, 12:16 PM
- Don't Fear The Wi-Fi – Mac Geek Gab 645
- Sat, 3:47 AM
- Apple Answers Tweets in 4 New iPad Pro Ads
- Fri, 10:24 PM
- WWDC in San Jose Is Closer and Other Apple Insights
- Fri, 6:58 PM
- AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Unlimited Data Plan Comparison
- Fri, 6:25 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins from 11 Faucets That (Still) Pay
- Fri, 6:16 PM
- iPhone Prototypes Must Be Carried In A Special Case
- Fri, 4:59 PM
- Apple, Let Us Tune into Those FM Radio Channels
- Fri, 4:48 PM
- iPhone 8: Goodbye Home Button, Hello Function Area
- Fri, 4:38 PM
- Amazon is Just Getting Started With Alexa/Echo
- Fri, 1:49 PM
- iPhone 8 Biometric Sensors, FCC and Smartphone Radio Chips - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-17
- Fri, 12:05 PM
- ExoMount Touch Air Vent Car Mount: $16.99
- Fri, 9:08 AM
- Getting Two-Factor Verification Codes for Your Apple ID