Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
MWNY - Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Vivastar is a Swiss company, new to both MACWORLD and the US market. Born in May 1997, they started in the DVD and CD recording media business. But now they've decided to get into the DVD-R market with their own line of DVD-R recorders.
Their first model, the RS-121, is an external recorder with 1x/2x write performance, and 4x read performance. It sports an unusual, spaceship look, with blue and silver colors. It can store up to 4.7GB of data on a disc, and will have a retail price of $899. The second model, the RS-111, has specs identical to the RS-121, but will have a retail price of $799. Both units will support SCSI and FireWire interfaces.
Both drives can write the 4.7GB DVD-R media, and can also read 4.7GB DVD-R, DVD-Video and DVD-ROM discs. The drives should be available in August, 2001.
The Mac Observer Spin:It is great to see another newcomer to MACWORLD. With Swiss quality being legendary (at least with watches) we can't wait to see how these drives stack up against other players in the market.
- Sat, 9:04 PM
- Can't Remotely Control Your HomeKit Devices? Enable iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
- Fri, 9:43 PM
- ScanSnap on Sierra Update: Fujitsu Warns of Data Loss In 'Specific Circumstances'
- Fri, 9:21 PM
- iOS 10: How to Disable (Some) Haptic Feedback on iPhone 7
- Fri, 7:36 PM
- Use the Digital Crown to Control Your Apple Watch Series 2 Screen Brightness
- Fri, 7:03 PM
- Install Secure XFINITY WiFi Profile On Your New iPhone
- Fri, 6:29 PM
- iOS 10: How to Optimize Downloaded Music Storage
- Fri, 6:01 PM
- iOS 10.0.2 Fixes Headphone Audio Controls, More
- Fri, 5:33 PM
- iOS 10: Apps are Gaining 3D Touch Widgets and They're Freakin Sweet
- Fri, 5:33 PM
- Use a Password Manager to Store Your Driver's License and Passport
- Fri, 3:48 PM
- This May be The 4K UHD Apple TV We've Been Waiting For
- Fri, 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-23: Apple, AI, and Buying Tuplejump
- Fri, 11:53 AM
- Apple's Tuplejump Purchase Hints at a Smarter Siri and Echo Competitor