Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
MWNY - Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Vivastar is a Swiss company, new to both MACWORLD and the US market. Born in May 1997, they started in the DVD and CD recording media business. But now they've decided to get into the DVD-R market with their own line of DVD-R recorders.
Their first model, the RS-121, is an external recorder with 1x/2x write performance, and 4x read performance. It sports an unusual, spaceship look, with blue and silver colors. It can store up to 4.7GB of data on a disc, and will have a retail price of $899. The second model, the RS-111, has specs identical to the RS-121, but will have a retail price of $799. Both units will support SCSI and FireWire interfaces.
Both drives can write the 4.7GB DVD-R media, and can also read 4.7GB DVD-R, DVD-Video and DVD-ROM discs. The drives should be available in August, 2001.
The Mac Observer Spin:It is great to see another newcomer to MACWORLD. With Swiss quality being legendary (at least with watches) we can't wait to see how these drives stack up against other players in the market.
- Tue, 1:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-25: iMessage Wish List, Original iPod Music Collection
- Tue, 11:55 AM
- MyScript Nebo iPad Pro Note Taking App Temporarily a Free Download
- Tue, 10:52 AM
- tvOS 10.0.1 Update Improves Security, Skips Single Sign-on
- Tue, 9:46 AM
- AAPL Q4 2016 Earnings Report Coverage this Afternoon
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Last Chance for The Award-Winning Mac Bundle
- Tue, 8:00 AM
- The 20 CDs Steve Jobs Gave Journalists with the First iPod
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Anticipation and Joy: Abusing Autonomous Cars For Fun
- Mon, 6:10 PM
- Dyn DDoS Attack Shows IoT's Inherent Security Weakness
- Mon, 3:46 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Author and Podcaster David Sparks
- Mon, 2:05 PM
- Apple Releases watchOS 3.1 with Charging Fix, Message Effects Improvements, More
- Mon, 1:51 PM
- Apple Releases macOS Sierra 10.12.1 with Improved Apple Watch Unlock, More