New Web Animation Tool Available
MWNY - New Web Animation Tool Available
by , 3:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2001
Toon Boom Technologies has released a new tool for creating 2D Web animations, Toon Boom Studio. Toon Boom Studio leverages an interface that many animation designers are already familiar with allowing designers to easily create professional looking animations for the Web. According to Toon Boom Technologies:
Companies and brands fighting to differentiate themselves online have seen salvation in an old art form - classic 2D animation - and a new development tool, Toon Boom Studio(tm). Two major icons have struck out in a new direction on the Web, using 2D animation to reach their customers and to wrap their messages in an entertaining, universal art form.
Toon Boom Studio, 2D Web animation software, ships it's commercial versions today for Mac(r) and PC platforms. Building on the company's extensive experience with 2D animation for film and television with companies like Warner Bros. and Klasky Csupo, the new software powers Web animation for artists, advertisers and Web developers. Toon Boom Technologies designed this suite of high-performance tools with an interface familiar to traditional animators, and features ideal for digital animators.
Toon Boom Studio enabled two Web development companies - itoons and Funny Garbage - to produce compelling Web animations at a reasonable cost, and most important, break through the clutter to their customers. Bayer hired itoons to develop a Web series for one of their most recognized consumer products: Midol menstruation medication. Starring three heroines (the Mighty Midols), the plot focuses on a battle against the evil forces of "Monsteruation." The cartoon teaches consumers about symptoms associated with menstruation. The trio can be found at
Funny Garbage developed an animated music video for rock band Sugar Ray to introduce their new album and single, "When It's Over." The song debuted on CartoonNetwork.com's Web Premiere Toons program, which highlights animation for the Web. Funny Garbage used Toon Boom Studio as part of the process to develop the video and promote Sugar Ray. The video can be seen at .
You can find more information about Toon Boom Studio at the Toon Boom Technologies Web site, or visit them at MACWORLD booth 1954.
- Mon, 5:51 PM
- iOS 10: How to Use Maps Extensions
- Mon, 5:07 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Founder & President of Bombich Software, Mike Bombich
- Mon, 3:13 PM
- iOS 10 Maps 'Overview' Buttons Moved to the Swipe-Up Drawer
- Mon, 2:35 PM
- A-Shirt Makes Apple-Inspired Shirts for Apple Fans
- Mon, 2:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-26: macOS Sierra PDF Issues, Apple ID Two-Factor Authentication
- Mon, 2:25 PM
- Apple's iPhone 7 Invitation Refused by Bloggers
- Mon, 2:01 PM
- Avantree PowerHouse 4 Port Fast USB Charging Station
- Mon, 1:28 PM
- Stilo 6R Stylus Features Magnetic Body and Hybrid Tip
- Mon, 10:40 AM
- How to Stream the Clinton/Trump Presidential Debate on Your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Sun, 12:06 PM
- MGG 624: Sierra, APFS, Wi-Fi and Personal Servers
- Sat, 9:04 PM
- Can't Remotely Control Your HomeKit Devices? Enable iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
- Fri, 9:43 PM
- ScanSnap on Sierra Update: Fujitsu Warns of Data Loss In 'Specific Circumstances'