Macs Kept In The Closet
Mac Sightings - Macs Kept In The Closet
by , 1:00 PM EDT, August 9th, 2001
We received notes from two Observers about a French movie called The Closet. Observer Ashvin Sologar wrote to us first to tell us about the movie itself which is about a man pretending to be gay in order to keep his job in a condom factory (remember, it's French :-). An anonymous Observer also commented that Macs were all over the offices of the condom company. From Mr. Sologar:
To whomever reads this stuff :-),
I almost never bother reporting a sighting, because you know that 50 other people have already mailed it in, but I thought this one might be a little more unique. I just watched a French film called "The Closet." It's a comedy about a guy who pretends to be gay in order to keep his job as an accountant at a condom factory. Interestingly enough, all the accounting is done on Blue and White towers attached to 15" Studio Displays. In addition, the president of the company has an iBook prominently displayed in several scenes.
And this was sit in anonymously:
Don't know if someone mentioned it already, but the recent French movie "The Closet" (don't remember the French wording) was full of Macs. Seemed to be the only computer they had in the offices of the condom company that the main characters worked for.
Thanks to both Ashvin Sologar and the anonymous person for writing in with information on this movie! Sounds like a lot of Macs were at play. If you have a Mac sighting, let us know.
One note: while we do get lots of letters for the Mac Sightings series, every person brings something different in the way they tell us about it, and that's because everybody sees things at least a bit differently the next person. We definitely appreciate each letter about each sighting.
- Sat, 9:04 PM
- Can't Remotely Control Your HomeKit Devices? Enable iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
- Fri, 9:43 PM
- ScanSnap on Sierra Update: Fujitsu Warns of Data Loss In 'Specific Circumstances'
- Fri, 9:21 PM
- iOS 10: How to Disable (Some) Haptic Feedback on iPhone 7
- Fri, 7:36 PM
- Use the Digital Crown to Control Your Apple Watch Series 2 Screen Brightness
- Fri, 7:03 PM
- Install Secure XFINITY WiFi Profile On Your New iPhone
- Fri, 6:29 PM
- iOS 10: How to Optimize Downloaded Music Storage
- Fri, 6:01 PM
- iOS 10.0.2 Fixes Headphone Audio Controls, More
- Fri, 5:33 PM
- iOS 10: Apps are Gaining 3D Touch Widgets and They're Freakin Sweet
- Fri, 5:33 PM
- Use a Password Manager to Store Your Driver's License and Passport
- Fri, 3:48 PM
- This May be The 4K UHD Apple TV We've Been Waiting For
- Fri, 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-23: Apple, AI, and Buying Tuplejump
- Fri, 11:53 AM
- Apple's Tuplejump Purchase Hints at a Smarter Siri and Echo Competitor